After months of isolation and with the powerful works of eleven artists sitting in the dark in our galleries, we can’t wait to welcome you back to SITE for the long-awaited opening of Displaced, an exhibition that looks at the global refugee crisis from perspectives of contemporary artists from around the world.
We are grateful to the friends of SITE who helped make our FREE Admission initiative possible!
After registering for your timed ticket, you will receive an email confirmation along with SITE’s Visitor Code of Conduct, which you must agree to in order to enter the museum. You can show front desk staff your email confirmation on your phone or a printed copy in lieu of a ticket.
How SITE is Keeping You Safe
For more information on SITE’s Reopening plan and precautions, read SITE’s complete COVID Safe Practices.
1. To monitor visitor capacity and insure regular cleaning of high-touch surfaces, we are implementing timed ticketed entry.
2. In compliance with the State of New Mexico’s mandate, masks covering the nose and mouth will be required in the museum. We have masks available in house for visitors who may have forgotten to bring one. Visitors will not be allowed entry without adequate face covering.
3. We clean all frequently touched surfaces every 2 hours.
4. Touchless hand sanitizer dispensers are available for visitors in several spaces within the galleries.
5. Our front desk staff are behind plexiglass shields to protect them and visitors.
6. We have installed signage throughout the museum to help maintain social distancing.
7. In compliance with the State of New Mexico’s COVID Safe Practices, we can no longer be able to offer coat check services. Please leave your backpacks and coats in the car or at home!
Will you be offering tours?
Though SITE will not be offering group tours at this time, our SITE Guides will still be in the galleries to answer your questions. Additionally, we encourage you to bring your cell phone and headphones to experience an audio tour of Displaced through Guide-by-Cell. Small group ASL Tours available upon request.
Are crave, SITE’s coffee bar, and curated, SITE’s store, open?
Both crave and curated are open with new layouts to promote social distancing. crave still offers hot and cold beverages, as well as pre-packaged sweets and snacks, and now offers FREE Ohori’s Coffee to frontline workers.
What are you doing for SITE Members?
In addition to some of the free digital programming SITE has offered our Members during the closure, the first two days of our reopening were set aside just for Members! Learn more about SITE Membership here.
I am a member of the press, are you offering special access at this time?
Press visits are available by appointment. Please contact Carolina Franco at firstname.lastname@example.org.
What kind of parking is available at SITE?
Paid parking is available in the City of Santa Fe-managed surface lots located behind SITE Santa Fe. A machine in the parking lot will issue a parking pass for you and accommodates credit cards; signs indicate payment is required from 6 am to 6 pm.
Parking is also available at the Railyard Parking structure, located at corner of Camino de la Familia and Manhattan Avenue across from the Violet Crown Theater. There are four ways to access the Railyard Parking Structure:
- – Guadalupe Street either direction, then west on Manhattan Avenue at the light
- – Guadalupe Street either direction, then west on Montezuma toward Sanbusco Center, left on Market St. and right on Manhattan
- – Paseo de Peralta east from St. Francis Drive, then left on Camino de la Familia
- – Paseo de Peralta west from Guadalupe Street, then right on Camino de la Familia