Summer Internship Applications due Wednesday, May 25
SITE Santa Fe’s Internship Program is a paid opportunity that provides interns with meaningful experiences in a working environment within a contemporary art museum. Interns are accepted into specific departments and are encouraged to expand on their experiences by also learning in other areas of museum operations. This includes not only working directly on multi-departmental projects, but also one-on-one interviews with staff to learn about their roles and backgrounds.
All interns are expected to comply with SITE Santa Fe’s current health and safety policies. These include but are not limited to wearing a face mask which covers the nose and mouth, maintaining safe social distance, and checking individual body temperature each day before entering the building.
Interns will be required to work a minimum of 120 hours (or 10 hours/week for 12 weeks) June through August.
Each intern will receive a $1680 stipend ($840 at the midpoint and $840 at the completion of the internship). Internship stipends issued by SITE Santa Fe are not considered salary or meant as compensation, but are awarded to help defray living expenses for an intern during the term of their appointment.
Other benefits include:
- Course credit (if desired)
- Supporter-Level SITE Memberships ($125 value): includes access to the North American Reciprocal, ROAM, and the Modern/Contemporary museum membership programs
- Meeting with SITE Santa Fe’s leadership staff
- Networking opportunities throughout Santa Fe
- Free parking near SITE Santa Fe
- Choice of SITE Santa Fe catalog or publication
Checklist for applying:
- Online form (includes one short essay question)
- Cover letter
- Two professional reference
- One letter of recommendation from one of your professional references
Questions? Contact Louis Abbene-Meagley, SITE Santa Fe’s Education Manager, at email@example.com.
SITE Santa Fe’s Internship Program is supported by a generous grant from The Hayes Foundation.