At this time SITE is offering a hybrid model internship with the expectation that interns will spend most of their time working on location in the building. Interns will be expected to comply with SITE’s current health and safety policies. These include but are not limited to; wearing a face mask which covers the nose and mouth; maintaining safe social distance, and checking individual body temperature each day before entering the building.
Interns will be accepted into one of the following departments: Education & Public Programs; and Museum Operations.
Interns will be required to work a minimum of 150 hours (or 15 hours/week for 10 weeks) June through August.
Each intern will receive a $1200 stipend ($600 at the midpoint and $600 at the completion of the internship) as well as a $300 stipend to bus fare, train fare, or gas and parking costs. Internship stipends issued by SITE Santa Fe are not considered salary or meant as compensation, but are awarded to help defray living expenses for an intern during the term of their appointment. These stipends are made possible by the Stranahan Foundation.
Applications are due by 11:59 PM EST June 6th, 2021.
Other benefits include:
- Course credit (if desired)
- Free parking near SITE
- Supporter-Level SITE Memberships ($125 value): includes access to the North American Reciprocal, ROAM, and the Modern/Contemporary museum membership programs
- Choice of SITE catalogue or other SITE-produced publication
- Meeting with SITE’s leadership staff
- Networking opportunities throughout Santa Fe
Checklist for applying:
- Online form (includes one short essay question)
- Cover letter
- Two professional references
- One letter of recommendation from one of your professional references
Questions? Contact Louis Abbene-Meagley, SITE’s Education Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.