Thur 10am – 5pm
Fri 10am – 7pm
Sat 10am – 5pm
Sun 12 – 5pm
SITElab is an experimental exhibition series presented in a newly configured gallery space located off the lobby of SITE’s building. SITElab will showcase new directions in the work of established and emerging artists and feature new works out of artists’ studios, experimental, interdisciplinary, and community-based projects. This space will allow us to stage short-run exhibitions during the times we would normally have been completely closed for installation, increasing the amount of time that SITE is open to the public.
In partnership with Design Santa Fe, SITE presents Design LAB: Next Nest, a juried exhibition featuring inspiring new domestic forms and design concepts. Next Nest merges artistic visions with 21st century sustainable objects and spaces for living. Artists, designers and architects will present designs for furniture, lighting, wall treatments, graphic, interior and textile designs.
Exhibitors in the 2013 DesignLAB; Next Nest Exhibition:
1. Kenji Kondo Studio, Albuquerque, NM (P)
2. Kramer Woodward, Albuquerque, NM (P)
3. Phillipe Horvath, Laguna Beach, CA (P)
4. Ben Ortega, Santa Fe, NM (S)
5. Tamie Glass, Igor Siddiqui and Kendra Locklear, Ordia, Austin TX (P)
6. Marie Perrin-McGraw and Robert Turek, Wildomar, CA
7. Herwig Baumgartner and Scott Uriu, B + U, Los Angeles, CA (P)
8. Liana Chan and Kohei Nonaka, Albuquerque, NM (S)
9. Virginia San Fratello and Ronald Rael, Oakland, CA (P)
10. Jessica Johnson and Jessica Shoemaker, Albuquerque, NM (S)
11. Conrad Skinner, Santa Fe, NM (P)
12. Jennifer del Rosario and Evangeline Diao, Freemont, CA (S)
13. Jared Winchester, Abuquerque, NM (P)
14. Jason Pilarski, Los Angeles, CA (P)
15. Pete Collins, Albuquerque, NM (S)
16. Cade Hayes, Tucson, AZ (P)
17. Ralph Steenblik, Salt Lake City, Utah (P)
* P = Professional, S = Student
The jury that selected the final Next Nest exhibitors includes: Irene Hofmann, Director and Chief Curator, SITE Santa Fe, Janet Dees, Assistant Curator, SITE Santa Fe, Laura Carpenter, Ellen Berkovitch, CEO of Adobe Airstream, Michelle Moser, Owner of Grace Communications, Erin Elder, Visual Arts Director, Center for Contemporary Art, James Horn, Spears Architects and Thomas Lehn, Thomas Lehn Designs. Projects selected for the exhibition will compete for two Professional Category Awards of $1,500 and $1,000; and two Student Category Awards of $1,000 and $500. Award recipients will be announced at the Exhibition Opening during the annual Design Santa Fe events.
Design Santa Fe thanks the following sponsors for their support: SITE Santa Fe (Design Lab 2013 Premier Sponsor), Zane Bennett Contemporary Art, Creative Santa Fe, Santa Fe University of Art and Design (Design Lab 2013 Professional and Student Award Sponsors), Design Warehouse (Design Lab 2013 Travel and Shipping Sponsor), Samuel Design Group, David Richard Gallery, Counter Intelligence, Fabu-Wall-ous Solutions, Builders Source Appliance Gallery, Hotel Santa Fe, Lannan Foundation, Sweetwater Harvest Kitchen, La Boca, and The City of Santa Fe’s Economic Development.
Media Sponsors: Trend, Su Casa, Santa Fean, Adobe Airstream, Hutton Broadcasting, The Essential Guide, Green Fire Times, and THE Magazine.
For more information on Next Nest and all Design Santa Fe events in November 2013, visit designsantafe.org.